CWC is an open-enrollment school - that means all students are accepted once their application has been submitted! Follow these steps to get started on your path to admission.
1) Apply for CWC admission
- New students: Complete a Free online application.
- International students: Follow our application process here.
2) Complete the Free Ruffalo Noel Levitz (RNL) Intake Assessment
(See email from Admissions email@example.com)
- Apply for CWC Scholarships between October 1 and March 1 each year at r8ron.yoneshimalife.com/scholarships.
- Apply for the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) at http://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa. The CWC code is: 005018. FAFSA is required if you want to be eligible for institutional scholarships, federal grants, student loans, and work-study programs.
- Request that your high school send your official high school or high school equivalency (GED/HISET) transcript. Contact any colleges that you previously attended, including those in which you received dual/concurrent and/or AP credit while attending high school, and request official transcript(s) be either emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, faxed to 307-855-2092, or mailed to: Rustler Central - Records, Central Wyoming College, 2660 Peck Ave., Riverton, WY 82501. NOTE: CWC must have all of your official transcripts on file to finalize financial aid.
5) Placement Scores/Testing
- Submit ACT or SAT scores or complete our math placement test. Math placement scores expire after two years. If you have earned college credit in math and/or English, official transcript(s) must be on file for Success Coach review.
6) Register for Classes and New Student Orientation (NSO)
- Your Success Coach will schedule an appointment with you in person or via Zoom, phone, or email.
- The CWC Bookstore is located on the Riverton main campus in the Student Center. You can purchase your textbooks either online at http://cwc.textbookbrokers.com/, on campus, or by phone at 307-855-2201. Students may charge CWC Bookstore purchases to their CWC account (pending available financial aid/scholarships) two weeks before class begins provided CWC has received all required financial aid documentation.
8) Payment Plan
- If you do not have pending financial aid (scholarships, loans, Pell Grant), or you do not have sufficient funds to cover your bill, please contact the CWC Business Office at 307-855-2156 to make payment arrangements prior to classes starting.
9) Other enrollment considerations:
- Campus Tour/Discover Day - We highly recommend you visit the CWC campus. Sign up at http://r8ron.yoneshimalife.com/tour/
- Equine Center Boarding Information - For information and Equine Center boarding rates, call 307-855-2287
- Housing - Campus housing is available on the main campus and Alpine Science Institute (Lander). You will need to complete the housing application and pay the $100 deposit (required to process the application). Riverton CWC housing residents are required to purchase an on-campus meal plan. For all housing inquiries contact 307-855-2210. To complete the housing application, access a virtual housing tour, view housing rates, and pay the required $100 housing deposit go to http://r8ron.yoneshimalife.com/housing/
- Disability Services - If you are in need of accommodations or need to discuss services, please contact 307-855-2011 or email email@example.com
- TRiO - Student Support Services - To find out how TRiO-SSS can assist you, visit http://r8ron.yoneshimalife.com/support/. You are eligible if you meet any one of the following:
- You are a first-generation college student (parent(s)/guardian(s) did not earn a bachelor’s degree before you turned 18 years of age).
- You meet federal low-income guidelines.
- You have a documented physical or learning disability.
Contact Rustler Central
Have questions? Contact the Rustler Central Team at any point!